PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2012, 02:02
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

There's a lot of money being spent at Gatwick, a Hell of a lot. I saw two guys employed to sweep the dust from the roof of the Transit in the North Terminal overnight. Now I like that sort of thing but it made me think in this climate it was a little extravagant? Then I got to the South Terminal and walked into the gents. I actually physically stopped and briefly wondered if I had wandered into the First Class area. Each has a private type urinal complete with its' own wash basin and hand dryer. The cubicles are comfortably huge. Now I know they're investing, but it made me think how in the name of God they're ever going to get some of this investmet back. The airport looks awesome, it's never been this new or shiny (in the main!), however the nagging doubt hit that GIP always aim to sell before too long and the sheer amount of TLC is in stark contrast to most of the rest of UK Airports. They really are trying to match T5 and the new T2 at LHR as much as possible in existing facilities.

I just wonder how much more they think they can charge easyJet for their use?

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 22nd May 2012 at 02:04.