PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cockpit visits on a private plane
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2012, 16:01
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IWRBF

I totally support His Dudeness.
I am sorry but I am a sceptic of such good intentions. It is usually someones bank balance? Government looking for acceptable reasons to create artificial jobs or mostly acceptable taxes which never find their way to whatever cause they are raised for.

You talk of freedoms but that is a very loosely used term. We have never been less free now than ever!

We have never lived in such a big brother society than now.

This protection against terrorism is a red herring.
Any terrorist would find it far far easier to drag a case onto the London Tubes in the rush hour where he would find no security, no one to check whether he held more than 100ml of liquid in his case or even have the case checked through an X ray machine.
He could simply walk on with the crowds and kill as many people as there are on any aircraft.

The Burocracy, red tape , regulators, streams of meaningless paperwork and millions of created government jobs is the reason Europe is living above its means and quickly going down the plug hole.

Madness!!! as an example we dropped a jet at Southend today parked up where we were told to and with yellow jackets walked to the terminal some 100 m away.
An irate person charged up to tell us in an aggressive manner that we were supposed to walk between two vague white broken lines 20 yds to our left.
No traffic lights! Just two vague broken white lines.
We are pilots! It is hard to miss a huge 737 on the taxiway. Far more dangerous crossing the road in town and what difference would two vague white lines make to being run over by a 737? But no! Its regulations This world is going mad!

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 19th May 2012 at 16:52.