PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Citation 750 down in Egelsbach.
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2012, 17:06
flynowpaylater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HD - Accidents will happen, AOC and non AOC. The point I make is that with the right safegaurds in place, the risk is reduced.

Bottom line is that this accident would appear to have been totally avoidable. Trying to put a C-X into EDFE is madness anyway, but to try it in marginal weather... This guy has paid with his life for those poor decisions, and taken others with him.

AOC or not, these type of operations should be well supported by an active and competent flight ops department, so the guy at the pointy end can concentrate on what pilots do best - flying the aircraft. Under AOC there would be line training, which is designed to pick up on and rectify any sub standard problems any given crew member might demonstrate. For the life of me I can't imagine why anyone who gets in these rather fast, complex aircraft, beit pilot or pax, wouldn't want to ensure safe and robust operations.

This isn't a pissing contest between AOC and private, simply common sense to raise the safety bar all round. I get the impression that you think you are above all of these initatives, which is a real shame for you and your pax if that is the case. We never stop learning.

Trying to cut down human error as a factor in accidents is surely a good thing?

Blah blah blah - If it is the opinion of the non PT community as a whole that this scenario is somehow acceptable, and just a bit of bad luck old chap - - - then yes I certainly am bashing it. With responsibility come accountability.