PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engagement survey Results`The spin"
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2012, 21:41
DirectAnywhere

Received 164 Likes on 36 Posts
Sadly I agree with MudSkipper and Baxter.

All the pilots I know - myself included - had a deep, emotional attachment to QANTAS even before they joined. For many, it was the culmination of years of work that started with a love of flying and a love of the icon that was QANTAS.

The process that is occurring now is akin to a messy divorce. That emotional attachment has been broken. Staff feel angry and betrayed. That is deliberate on QANTAS' part. The company doesn't give a s$&t about its staff and the staff need to realise that and stop caring deeply about a company that just doesn't exist anymore.

I know it's sad. I know it's unpalatable but that's the reality and the sooner you move on emotionally the happier you will be. For now, go to work, do the job, accept the money and take whatever comes in the future for the sake of your own health and that of your family. By the way, that's disengagement, a process I'm now FULLY engaged with!

P.s if someone can post the image at

Dilbert.com - The Official Dilbert Website with Scott Adams' color strips, Dilbert animation, mashups and more!

I'd appreciate it! Thanks.

Last edited by DirectAnywhere; 17th May 2012 at 21:48.