PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zero Tolerance On '89. Period.
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2002, 13:15
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very to the point an erudite Rob.

The guts of what Rob and Woomera are saying is - leave it alone - it causes friction - it is over - cease and desist.

Not one of us has or had conrol over '89 so for God's sake - let it rest as the past.

Sure many in the airlines were hurt, some went back, some stayed, some came back - but they were all personal decisions with personal driving factors.

Look at the big picture. Mate was set against mate by Government and big business and unfortunately they won. Even goundies like me were massively affected and our lives changed for ever. Aim hate and rhetoric at the bodgie and fat man and leave each other alone. Those that went back would have suffered massive internal conflict as well.

It is over - over - over - and please do not let a 13 year old dispute hurt our friends and mentors here at PPrune.

I would like those PPruners who frequent this place to think very hard, and say that they will at least tolerate each other and try hard to bury the past in respect for Rob, Woomera, Danny and everyone else in the aviation community.

I am but a lowly groundhog, but love this industry far too much to stand by and watch the heroes of a generation fight with one another over something that was nobodys fault (at least a our level). You are airmen - proud and strong - for God's sake show your strength of character.

Get over it guys, now - otherwise Hawke and Abeles are still winning.

THAT is something that makes me feel sick to the stomach.

They must NOT be allowed to win. At least I outlived one of the b@stards and will not miss the other when he departs.

My vote is in - YES to tolerance.

Next???????

EWL