PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JET DOWNSIZING??
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2012, 01:35
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So far, Jet has, and IMO will continue to abide by their contractual obligations be they financial or otherwise... even if they feel it necessary to terminate their relationship with an employee or a group of employees.

I don't know of any other carrier in India providing TMU pay. That's real class. Out of curiosity, how about Spice or Indigo??? TMU pay?

Last year, I witnessed the manager of the expat cell talking to a prospective employer, going to bat for a former employee of Jet. He's a descent good, man and has always given me straight answers to straight questions . Would the expat manager at Spice or Indigo help out former employees?

IMHO, Jet wants to do the right thing, as best as they possibly can under their circumstances. Does Spice or Indigo? I ask this question, not to raise anyone's dander, but to get a prospective on life and company support from other carriers in India

As cited before, contract pilots are on station, no matter the airline, for a temporary period. Over the years, as an expat, I've always been on station for the duration of the contract. That said, no matter the airline, or location, in most cases when contract is terminated by the airline for reasons without cause, before it's maturation, its strictly business and nothing personal.

Last edited by captjns; 16th May 2012 at 01:39.