PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Time Has Come - What Shall I Do
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2002, 08:43
Cambo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I graduated from Glasgow University this year with a Masters in Aero Eng. I have to say, I loved it! The course was hard work (not so much in the first 2 years though...boozing time!) but you get a great feeling of achievement at the end of it all and something to fall back on if flying doesn't work out. Aero is widely regarded by many as the hardest engineering degree, although Mech Eng people would argue otherwise!

The main things I got out of it though was loads of good mates, summers away (work in the US and Czech Rep, backpacking through Europe, 2 terms in Holland at a Uni there) and how much I developed as a person. You're much more confident and mature when you finish and that's not just down to you getting older, Uni life plays a big part. My advice would be to try out University and see if it's for you. Also remember that the UAS isn't for everyone, you might not like it or they might not like you. I was one of the former.

At the end of the day it worked for me as I was lucky enough to be one of the 6 people picked for the Britannia sponsorship.

Hope you're happy whatever you do and try not to mount up too much debt!