PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAAF Pilots "more representative"
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2002, 00:31
griffinblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a load of bulldust

Gents,

I have never heard of so much bulldust in my life. I have some familiarity with the US system of traing having spent some time there on exchange and fully understand their quota system. i am not sure if that systmen is still in place or if they have become more progressive.

I have some experience of training military pliots and quite frankly, I don't care what colour they are. They can be black, green or blue, they can be male, female or gender unknown, they can be bisexual, homosexual or anything else. The only criteria that i care about is when **** turns to trumps and you are flying a complex mission at night on goggles etc etc that the very best person is in the seat next to you or infront of you or in the other aircraft. The fact that they eventually met the competency after an extra 50 hour remedial training on a 100% illum night means jack sh.t when it turns to worms.

By the way, I thought you were all african? I am certainly Australian but am not aboriginal. I think if you only associate the term African to the black guys, you then may lose identity with your unique association with the country. That would certainly be what other people (myself) would think.

Anyway, I think the quota system does not engender the highest possible standards of flying training and thus anything less is jepardising national security. Fortunately, its not my country being jepardised.