PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2012, 11:11
clamour_kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monarch To Sharm El-Sheik

Hi, this is my first post on here, so please be gentle on me.

I am due to fly with Monarch on 2nd June from Manchester to Sharm on flight number ZB 684. I know this will be on an A300-600.

I will admit, I am a very anxious flyer and research everything in an attempt to calm my nerves, but my active mind tends to over analyse things and selfishly apply negative thoughts to myself and the situation I am going to be in.

I know the A300-600 is an old plane and out of production (does that matter from a safety perspective?) and I know they have a sensitive rudder etc. I guess pilot training should take care of that, but my question is regarding the plane itself from a passenger's perspective. How comfortable and relaxing is it? I have booked the premium leg room seats too.

Also, one strange thing I have noticed is that, by tracking the flights on my flight tracker app on my iPhone, the Saturday morning flight is always delayed by 4 or 5 hours and then noticed that it is because it is awaiting the arrival of the A300-600 from Palma that morning.

2 questions: 1. Aren't there enough planes to go around at Monarch? 2. Why schedule a flight in for 10am when you know that the plane you will be using only arrives from another destination at 12:55?

Also, are there any A300-600 pilots on here that want to reassure me about flying and the quality of these planes.

Thanks in advance.