PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many hours student pilot generally have when going first solo?
Old 14th May 2012, 04:09
RonM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Roger,

I have just flown my 1st circuit solo last Monday, 21 hrs in my log book ,but medical and SPL and ASIC check held me back a few hrs. It took a while to get the trim correct , and was always chasing the plane in base and finals and by the time I got to the thresh hold I was way behind the ball as far as roundout and flaring. Then one day it all just fell into place, it even made my instructor comment on what did I do with the other Ron as this person was getting it together. My instructor told me that I had it in me as when he pattered me I would do it, so when you do everything without coaxing you know you are on your way. I started out training once per fortnight but found I was falling behind so started training once per week. I didnt let myself get caught up in thinking that if I hadnt soloed by 10-15 hrs I was no good ,as this adds pressure to something I started for fun. Everybody has a different learning curve and dont be too concerned mate. You are doing well , it will come believe me and you will be like me now being on the other side giving encouragement to another student wondering when they will solo. And as my instructor said to me as he was getting out of the plane to leave me on my own , "Main thing to remember is Have Fun !!!!"
Good Luck on your 1st Solo mate.

Cheers, Ron.