PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Migration
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2012, 20:03
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Conductor:

Rubbish. Those that jump ship do, by definition, have marketable skills. Those that stay are not ALL the backstabbers. I still have immense pride in working for QANTAS, just not the current group of bottomfeeders who are running the place. I am staying and if it all comes to an end for me then I will pursue opportunities in other industries. I find your assertion offensive.
I'm sorry you are offended, but your attitude represents a triumph of hope over experience.

Your "immense pride" in working for Qantas is your Achilles heel:

1. The very first tactic Qantas engages in is always to appeal to employees ego by references to "Professionalism", "fairness" and "decency". The old ALAEA leaders not only fell for this approach every time, but regurgitated it to its members.

The Pilots unions are still falling for it, in my opinion, because the Ego personality component necessary to be a successful pilot leaves them very vulnerable to such entreaties.

2. The reality demonstrated time and again over the last Ten years is that Qantas treats its employees with utter and complete contempt, as some Twelve hundred engineers are likely to find out this week. Qantas has no shame. They will work you into the ground and then curse you for having nothing left to give.

Your "immense pride" is unfortunately misplaced, unless of course you are a manager far enough up the organisation to be able to write your own first class tickets.

Last edited by Sunfish; 13th May 2012 at 21:49.