PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2012, 14:11
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bond Offshore

I note that they have now also suspended flying on the AS332L2 fleet as well as the EC225.

Bond will have to hope that they & Eurocopter can come up with a solution to get the fleet back in the air again soon.

Quote from Bond:

Bill Munro, managing director of Bond Offshore Helicopters, added: "The skill and training of Bond's pilots has been witnessed at first hand. Our passengers can be confident in Bond as the principal crew change operator in the North Sea".

In terms of the crew, he's right of course. However, that statement is clearly designed to try to allay fears amongst passengers &, more pertinently, current & potential customers, which is understandable.

As far as I know, Bristow & CHC, whilst carrying out increased checks, are flying their AS332L2 & EC225 fleets. Bond may need to call on them to operate some of the flights for the time being. Or reinforcements come in from other sectors of the N.Sea - mostly the same types mind you.

I hope Bond are back flying soon. I wonder whether the actual heli itself - REDW - will fly again? Not the first time a heli that has successfully ditched has flown again. In my memory, long serving Bell 214 BKFN was one such.