PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drunk SAS F/O at Stockholm Arlanda
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2012, 16:46
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As usual the calls from some for hanging, beheading and such vengeance but without the full facts we can't be in a position to judge the guy.

While the newspapers love another drunk pilot story the truth behind the headline is usually one of human problems that lead a normaly rational guy to loose the plot and drink too much.

On the other hand the guy could have consumed the alcohol unintentionally, I could quote two cases in the UK that have stood up in court, the first orange juice with vodka in it was left in the guys refrigerator without his knowlage and he had a little as he was called out, in the other the guys drink was spiked in a hotel ( possibly by a disgruntled hotel employee) and then an anonymous phone call was made to the police.

I think that Pukindog and seat 0A might well have a rethink if the above misfortune was to happen to them.

Be clear I am no supporter of drinking and flying but I do think that the circumstances of cases like these should be examined calmly in a court of law and the appropriate action taken, NOT an Internet trial but the PPrune red necks followed by a hanging from the nearest tree.