PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2012, 14:29
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know where the a/c that operated the NQY and ABZ routes was based?
I got the impression it was an actual base, not W pattern, so i'm interested to know if Monarch still do similar routes.
There's been a lot of talk within various forums of the potential of a base at CWL, but it appears there's bigger fish to fry at the moment.
Since the departure of WW, CWL has been crying out for a decent UK operator for the sun routes lost. It had always been said (obviously not confirmed) that CWL was a profitable summer base for WW, but struggled in the winter. With the above in mind, would Monarch consider W patterns into CWL, using a BHX a/c and crew? Is it in their current strategy, do they do it elsewhere?
Would the crew be able to transport to/from CWL after say a canaries flight and still make it home without the need for a hotel?
Apparently VY is already doing well with the ALC and PMI routes due to start soon, but WW also served the likes of MAH, IBZ, MJV and high frequency flights to FAO and AGP. CWL is crying out for more canaries and cyprus flights, especially in the winter, and potentially ski flights to boost the winter lull, something baby didnt, or couldn't tap into.
I personally believe that Monarch would be perfect for CWL, granted it would be a risk at first, but we've already seen the introduction of Cosmos to Wales with the SFB flights. Why not expand on that, create a new brand in Wales and claw back some of that leakage to the orange that goes over the bridge.