PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign Pilot Petition
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2012, 13:19
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PJ

I'm surprised by your remarks.

You're no doubt accurate to some degree in your suspicion that the "turbo prop" crowd are cheering this whole petition thing on but, whether or not there is a sense of entitlement among them should be of no consequence. Why wouldn't they, better yet, why should't they have some sense of entitlement?
The reality in Canada, as you well know, is that our home industry needs those jobs, full time or part time, for Canadian pilots. The next gen will undoubtedly and of necessity come from that same "turbo prop" crowd as they move up the ladder. If these operators are allowed to continue to use foreign talent then it directly affects our future by losing those opportunities which should allow these less experienced (but certainly qualified) pilots to gain the experience needed to sustain our airline industry in the future by moving them up that experience ladder.
I, for one, wouldn't like to see this use of foreign talent set a precedent moving forward. Certainly not in the manner in which these two named airlines are doing it based on ridiculous temporary worker legislation.

So why is it, as a fellow Canadian pilot, that you put it in such a condescending manner?
How did you get onto the Jet you fly today? I'm sure there is some turbo prop time in your past?
There is in mine.

Lo suyo es el futuro

Willie

Last edited by Willie Everlearn; 12th May 2012 at 13:27.