PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The C27's are a coming
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2012, 08:00
Joker89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gundog01
I believe the ME training unit was bandied around several years ago but no FEG could offer up any reduction in OPCON length/cost. Not sure how the length of RAAF Herc/P3 conversions compare to RNZAF Herc/P3 conversions considering the Kiwi's get their wings on a twin.

32 and 38 are doing a reasonable job of giving guys hours on an automated jet, and typically (at 32 anyway) most 2FTS grads are getting a second tour on something bigger. Can only think of 1 2FTS guy from 32 that has gone to a ground job (and that was GTO at Pearce).

It will be interesting to see how the H model drivers are distributed around the airforce in the gap between H model retirement and C27 arrival. DP and ALG manning will have their hands full right about now.....
Yep, and they still have about a 1 year wait for 2FTS graduates. Will be interesting to see what shaftings are handed out.
38 guys are not overly optimistic about second tours. Some H model boggies have only just finished conversion. Any flying job is going to be valuable. I guess they will need some guys going to the states to learn to fly the c27 in 2014 but that's a 2 year ground job away.