PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enighet mellom Norwegian og pilotene.
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2012, 17:11
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to continue in English, but has anyone amongst "normal line pilots" seen exactly what has been agreed ?
As a Contractor it could be very good, or very bad news.
We could become permanent, but, in what seat? & in what base ? or after 2 years we could be found "surplus to requirements", or our base closed, or . . . . . etc etc, but, as Contractors we have to accept a degree of uncertainty.

What I am curious to know, is what has been done to help the Senior FO's.

I think if the company wish to make the 787 project a separate AOC/Company, & / or wish future expansion to be conducted solely through the Recruitment of Contractors, what is there to complain about?, it doesn't "directly" affect your current/future status as a full time employee.

What I understood was one of the main disagreements, was the fact that Full Time Norwegian employees (Senior FO's) were expected to take a leave of absence & give up all their social benefits/pensions etc if they wished to become Captains. Therafter, I understood ,there was no guarantee they could become Full Time employed Capt's at the end of their "leave of absence" etc.
Even as a Contractor I could understand & share the dissapointment that they felt, having chosen Norwegian as a Career Airline, to be told
" sorry, you have to tear up your contract & exist for a few years as a Contractor" if you want to change seats.

So, was that problem satisfactorily resolved ? as that, as far as I , an "outsider" (so to speak) could see, was the crux of the problem.

I can see the positives if the company has agreed to base future expansion on full time employees, who, after a period of time spent as Contractors,are subsequently made permanent. Depending on the details, I still don't know if this will work for me, or indeed any of us (as discussed above) but I didn't think that was the major employment issue outstanding ? or did I miss something ?

Last edited by captplaystation; 11th May 2012 at 17:16.