PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gippsland Aero
Thread: Gippsland Aero
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2012, 01:01
aeromariner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
April just passed .... had a lot of fun ... aeroplanes being used like they were intended.....give you the itinerary
maun to leroo le tau on the 6th. SAF about midday two pilots seemed a check flight
LLT back to Maun young lady pilot old C206 on the 8th (I once flew a much older C182 from oshkosh to OKC - different story)
Maun to Moremi with Serg in SAF on tuesday 10th
Moremi to Sevuti C206 on Thursday the 12th.
Sevuti to Chobe Saturday 14th with Serg in a C208.

SAF was the first turbo airvan I'd flown in. I'd spent years (literally) in the back of the two prototype Airvans, so I was interested as to why opinion on the turbo was so polarised, and from the middle of the pax cabin I was disappointed by the level of the noise and vibration. I wouldnt mind doing a one for one comparison between the standard and turbo with a noise meter.

The last flight (208) was a burning and turning turnaround and while Serg was distracted one of the already embarked passengers leapt out the LH rear door and RAN past the propeller - that got our attention. I think you might need to improve B&T ops (and yes you do have to cater for idiots) - you might want to discuss that offline