PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zero Tolerance On '89. Period.
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2002, 01:08
Slasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

From the poll it looks like Im soon on the way out of D&G anyway so Ill have my last burst here.

THE point about the 89 War was that NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING was learned by the general Oz masses as to

(a) the true corruptive practices of the politicians involved and the potential of further corruption in any future government

(b) how big business and big government together can hide essential truths in any conflict. The masses STILL dont know nor believe how Murdochs media and the Hawke Government had pre-planned a cover story to directley blame the AFAP if Lot Polish hadve gone in while flying MEL-PER-MEL route.

(c) finding out the FACTS by delving further than what the popular media would have you believe. It CAN be done. One just needs to look

(d) how the Oz Constitution means absolutley nothing to big government so long as the citizens are kept ignorant as to its transgressions. And Hawke wasnt the first. There have been 18 prior transgressions in the 20th century alone

(e) how the popular media are selective in order to twist the story the way it wants it presented (thats why McCarthy was never seen clearley to define what exactley was the Feds position in the early weeks. It was simpley edited out

(f) why the industrial situation in many areas of employment is the way it is 13 years later.

Push-it-real-good's line The workers tried to screw the airline and in turn the public... being the perfect example of a, b, c, e.

THAT is the tragedy of 89. In any conflict that wrecks lives, the whole event would have some benefit if valuable lessons were learned and true facts searched-for and uncovered. Sadley in this case, NOTHING was learned. Even more tragic, NO ONE CARES which is why the Oz industrial front in general continues its downward spiral and will continue to do so. These are reasons why Ive never made comment in earlyer threads about Kendells, ANZ, etc. The outcome of these conflicts were totaly predictable. And they are why Ive always maintained its a total waste of breath talking about 89 to the general masses. So its not arragance (like some of the Unwashed accuse me of) but of practicality.

The 'scabs vs good guys' is more an in-house fight than a public war. The general non-aviation masses have no business getting involved takin sides. They dont have enough informed knowledge to do so either way. This is why Ive attacked scabs with the full ferocity they deserve in D&G but have been less verbose with everyone else who sides either way.

So, do I think talk of 89 should be banned in D&G? You bet I do!