PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enighet mellom Norwegian og pilotene.
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2012, 11:20
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It doesn't concern you permanent guys I guess, but it is going to be some time before the "Spanish" Crew can comply.

The new European legislation has been passed requiring one to pay (& the company too) Social Charges at base.

Unless it has slipped my attention, the current Spanish system is not geared up for this.
Ex colleagues in Ryanair have in the past attempted to pay tax & social charges in Spain (not out of generosity, but because it was cheaper than their home country) their kind offer was rebuffed, as they were not employed on a "Spanish Contract"
Spain , like most EuroLand countries , is now desparate for cash, so maybe, they will find a way sooner than later, but, for the moment, on the contracts & terms we contractors have now, voluntary contributions (as in other countries) would be the only possibility, but Spanish colleagues assure me, even this doesn't exist.
Don't know the situation in HEL, but for sure ARPI is Estonian Rishworth New Zealand (well, Swedish for our contract) & PARC is Irish, so, don't know how Finland deals with that.

If permanent FO's have to resort to this to achieve command, it is difficult to see what the Unions have achieved for the permanent pilots (certainly our FO colleagues) in the short term.

As a Contractor, it looks on the face of it I have to say a Big Thank You, but I would like to reserve that until I find out exactly where I stand for the next 2 years, and importantly, which side of the cockpit I might hope to occupy thereafter