PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar pilots fatigued?
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2012, 21:34
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balls of Brass more like

MC- I have concern as to the CASA logic here.
Oh ho, just a bit of it – spot on posting.
SF - It would take balls of steel, and exceptionally ironclad commitment to safety, from the top of CASA all the way down to effectively face off Jetstar, stand up to them and say "Yes, I know what your procedures SAY Mother*&*er, but I can tell that this is what your managers are really doing!".
Don't know about J* but corporate aviation is currently suffering from severe AOCM policyitis. That is 'go along to get along'; some of the SOP bollocks being inflicted, by stealth not written directive should be a subject for Senate enquiry as soon as possible. (i.e. before rather than after).

CAR 138 is clear, specific and should be the end of any discussion related to SOP or home made modification of procedure. If this procedural ethos has been foisted onto J*, it will be more than a fatigue or maintenance issue, add clear breech of the AFM combined with risible SOP. The risk of unwritten "in real life SOP" operating in conflict with the CAA fairy story version is real, measurable and poses a significant, sinister threat.

The micro management crap will be crystal clear, but completely deniable.
Arses covered – you bet.