PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ACA 'ProPilot'
Thread: ACA 'ProPilot'
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2012, 20:04
SkilledBoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

Hi guys.

There are a couple of threads floating around about Airline Career Academy, but this seems to be the more focused one.

I'm very close to attending this FTO; however coming onto this forum it has definitely given me some doubts as I take into account everyone's opinion.
So, I'm looking for some answers to my questions, as I'm sure there are others attending the ACA seminars that are happening in the near future, and I know this will prove beneficial to those in a similar situation as myself or looking for more answers!

Initially, the thing that draws me to this FTO is the price. I know that other FTOs have an approximate price of £100,000. We all know how how airlines have passed the cost of training onto the pilot, which is extremely grim for everyone, particularly chaps like myself who don't have a house to re-mortgage, or an affluent position to fund the training. Banks aren't lending, we all know the score! However, for someone like myself who has managed to get the 'scholarship' (or 'discount'), I have got the one-off chance to where I can just about afford to train for a CPL, at an affordable price in comparison to CTC/OAA/FTE etc.

I'd like to know, is it worth my while?

Bear in mind my financial situation. Having read through all of the itinerary and details of the course it comes across as competent to someone like myself, who has the ambition and desire to gain the CPL through an intensely structured course like this. Is it a waste of money? I don't have a cool £100,000 to spend or source for one of the most popular FTOs. Do people not graduate from there with a respectable JAA ATPL?

I understand that there are other methods of building up to gaining the ATPL; doing the modular route when one can afford it. Personally I'm not in a good enough job to afford that route, and I'd much prefer the integrated route.

Just a side note, I'm looking for serious advice and pointers with some fact behind them. I've scanned this forum for a good couple of years and it is an intimidating place when putting your first post, as some people take pleasure in speaking from the pedestal...so please guys, go easy! I do appreciate that people have already responded to some other queries in this thread, however if you could step out of the box and consider my situation, I'd welcome any pointers and opinions.

Please reply to me here, or a pm. I'd greatly appreciate it as I'm in a difficult situation.