PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The future of EK
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2012, 23:24
IFRKING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow The future of EK

Emirates has firm orders of 217 shiny jets which includes 78 300ER's, 69 A380's and 70 A350's. The main question is, will they get enough 2500hr minimum guys to fly them?. They currently have cadet sponsorships for only UAE nationals
Do you think they will change their mind and allow anyone with the right educational requirements?, or even guys with ATPL but Airline experience. Etihad Airways currently has a international cadet programme but not too easy to get in.

You may also have heard of the new FTO they're building in Dubai which will accommodate at least 400 new cadets every year which is set to be complete in the third quarter of 2013. This new FTO will be the largest in the middle east and will mostly be used by EK cadets.

My main point is, that i personally don't think EK will get enough 2500hr guys. I personally know many guys with all the qualifications but not enough Airline experience. They should be given a chance, shouldn't they?
Don't get me wrong, There's no such thing as a pilot shortage. I'm aware there's shortage of experienced ones, especially in Asia.

Ek are in tight competion with Qatar Airways with 184 firm orders and 33 options and also their brand new international airport set to open soon which will bring even more competition against EK but also EY

So what do you think about EK's future? How stable and promising do you think it is?

Thanks,Please don't criticise me too much because it's my first thread.