PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement at 68
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2012, 22:29
FERetd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Fella

I did not say "that the "rot" set in during 1994"

I actually said "The lack of any morality is prevalent in most of today's operators and in that Cathay leads the way and has done since around 1994".

I believe that 1994 was the beginning, it has worsened over the years. The "rot" affected me early in 1997 and yes, although I still thoroughly enjoyed my job and operated with a lot of good people, I did not enjoy the last 10 years of working for Cathay. Whereas I used to answer my phone on a "G" day and I was loyal employee, that stopped in 1997. I did not take SLS after the SARS episode. Loyalty is a two way street - something that the DFO at the time couldn't seem to grasp.

I would have liked to been able to take my services elsewhere - but where? Much like those people who are writing on this forum now!

I am very happy that you left Cathay (in 1991) without any bitterness but I don't think that 8 years at Cathay, which ended 21 years ago, can give you a real understanding of recent issues. I wonder if having left in 1991 you can have any real grasp of events post 1994.

I am sure that the vast majority of pilots at Cathay enjoy their job immensely. Whether they enjoy Cathay is another matter.

I think that Brown Nose has asked a perfectly reasonable question of you - I do not note any of the rudeness perceived by joebanana.

So, rhetorical or not, what is your answer?