PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you cracking up?
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2012, 10:50
Bengerman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, you people who have the job of seeing to the general public in such a confined and testing environment...take a bow. I think you do very well indeed. If the pressure in you is rising, dont isolate yourself...find common ground with others, talk,share,find an outlet. Remember, any pills and potions you take are only a temporary prop. At some time, that prop must come away and self must once again take over. Lastly if I may, largely when an airline is judged, the public dont highlight the pilot, or the airline livery, they base it on the cabin crew...the ambassadors. My apologies if my post is considered intrusive
I don't think this is an intrusive post, I believe it to be well observed.

In my experience cabin crew tend to be well capable of expressing themselves with others, sometimes too much so, but are generally well balanced, stable and pragmatic individuals. It is when an individual goes outside accepted boundaries that the microcosm that is airline life comes under greater scrutiny. Airlines are beloved by the media because it is such fertile ground for sensational stories...."Stewardess in galley sex crash probe horror!".

I also agree with your assertion that airlines are judged on their front line, customer facing staff, pilots come under more intense scrutiny when things go very wrong, see AF447.