PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you cracking up?
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2012, 10:15
Lancastrian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not cabin crew nor flight deck so I would quite understand if my submission is stopped. Background is ex RAF,ex psychiatric nursing and a one time passenger to most spots on the globe. Back in the days when I flew out to Singapore before being posted to Borneo,flying for all was a dream. British Eagle Brittania turboprop. Ok, took over thirty hours to get there with the stops but,....! Comfortable seats,room to lay them back for a sleep and the soporific drone of those engines. Cabin crew could and did lower the cots at the back and kip down. In short, there was room to move. I no longer fly now.The endless airport time, queues,cramming of seats....and...a seat made for a kiddy size rse! Limited toilet and fellow passengers which really can test the patience of a saint. The last time I flew,the cabin staff trolley advanced down the narrow aisle with at least four people following trying to get to the overused toilet. Two kids behind me insisted on pushing the call button then sitting there with an inane grin on their silly faces. All pressure, pressure.....! When I popped into the "we room" the two drunken women outside then began knocking on the door with less than feminine remarks made! On return to my seat my wife caused me to look across the aisle. A couple there also well soused, were simulating a sex act! Having been summoned by a mother with children, the steward in a correct manner attended. Met with foul language and abuse.

So, you people who have the job of seeing to the general public in such a confined and testing environment...take a bow. I think you do very well indeed. If the pressure in you is rising, dont isolate yourself...find common ground with others, talk,share,find an outlet. Remember, any pills and potions you take are only a temporary prop. At some time, that prop must come away and self must once again take over. Lastly if I may, largely when an airline is judged, the public dont highlight the pilot, or the airline livery, they base it on the cabin crew...the ambassadors. My apologies if my post is considered intrusive.