PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC ATP scheme
Thread: CTC ATP scheme
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2002, 19:48
askyoda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to be confused with the CTC McAlpine zero to ATPL sponsorship, this scheme gives qualified pilots a type rating and line training IF successful after paying 6K for an enhanced MCC course. So its not a 60K benefit if successful although obviously well worth your time if you make it into the ranks of easyjet etc.

I have no direct experience with the organisation although they do seem to have a good reputation. Foghorn raises a good point about the odds of actually getting the type rating and line experience after paying for the course. From talking to friends who have been to the evaluations CTC gave the impression of being guarded about giving away these kinds of statistics, for whatever thats worth. I know of five people who were selected and completed the course. Out of these five I know one who has since started a type rating course for easyjet. One failed the final handling test and is out of the hold pool. The remaining three have had no response over the last 2 to 6 months after completing the course, although they are told they will be picked up eventually. Incidentally, the one doing the type rating was not the first to do the course and has apparently jumped ahead.

CTC have said in the past that places in the hold pool are determined by your grading on the scheme, and it would appear that it is possible to jump ahead if you do well/they like you. The lad that failed his handling test was not a below average pilot, just bad luck that day. It would be interesting to hear if other people have had similar experiences, as everything I have written is just heresay from what other people have told me over pints.