PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - College or Work?
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2012, 09:38
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there are some course which hold better prospects than others.

The pilots that I have flown with that never seem to have issues with cash and having a second source of income are.

Pharmacists and Opticians these seems to have the advantage of a high starting salary and plenty of potential for locum work.

Alot of the proffessional courses need a time in job to become useful and then you need to stay current to be able to sell yourself. I only know one engineer that manages to do consultancy work on the side.

Have a look at doing a degree in scotland the fees are alot less than the rest of the UK.

Optometry BSc (Hons) at Glasgow Caledonian University, | 52280546 | Whatuni.com

£1820 a year fees and male to female ratio of 40:60 can't be bad.

Depends if that floats your boat. You should never do a course that doesn't interest you. You need a backup in case it all goes wrong with the flight training side of things. If you couldn't face looking in someones eyes for the rest of your working life don't do it.

On no account look at aviation degrees with pilot studies, they are a waste of time and money in my opinion. Utterly worthless in the real world how ever much the providers will tell you otherwise.