PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in France on UK Pilots licence
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2012, 20:34
Piper.Classique

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think the opposite is true. Most airfields are indicated as French only, operated by an aeroclub
Well, no. Most airfields are on 123.5 it is true. And operated by an aeroclub. I fly from one of them. But, unless radio is compulsory, there is no requirement to have any sort of radio. And this means, according to some sort of uniquely french logic, that you can speak english on the radio that you don't have to install.
Of course, if you are required to have a radio, then you must use it. In french, if that is what it says on the VAC. I have the paper. On my licence. When I swapped my UK JAR FCL for the French version I got it for being able to whinge in French. Level six.

I didn't invent these rules or this logic. Don't blame me.

Whopity, we know that the R/T licence on a UK PPL lets you use english. The poster wanted to know about using French.....

Soay, it is never advisable to arrive at lunchtime. Arrive before, eat, then leave after. Food is more important than flying, or flight planning, or seeing the customs man who won't be there anyway.

Cherbourg is a fine example of this. Arrive at lunchtime and the lady in the café takes your landing fee.

Thing, it is fine to go to Le Touquet and speak english.

Last edited by Piper.Classique; 30th Apr 2012 at 20:39. Reason: Fingers faster than brain