PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skytrans hiring again.
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2012, 06:07
Hold_Short

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AGS99... BREATH IN BREATH OUT!

You better believe what your hearing! Let me set you straight, I do not for one second think just because I have more than the MINIMUM requirments do I consider myself a shoe in for any flying position within any company, beit GA, regional or a major airline. It sure does come down to a well balanced person, with a wide range of experience, personality traits and core values for working within the company are vital. I never for once thought I was GUARANTEED the job!

Now, what I may never know is what they are looking for. We had regional airline captains, GA twin turboprob and piston drivers. They are well experienced guys who already operate under similar operations, but was surprised when each and everyone of them got the 'NO' phone call, including me. 5 of those are now in major airlines, including Virgin, Jetstar and Brindabella to say a few. So they must have had met their standards for sure!

I went for the experience and was unsuccessful, however, I believe that things happen for a reason and what they were offering was far short of what I was expecting. Bonding and minimum wages to say the least! That's just a gripe!

For those going for it good luck with it and make sure you read the fine print. Just because you fly something bigger, burning kerosene and punching holes in the sky doesn't make you any better than anyone else. Get off your high horse, enjoy everyone for being who they are and not what they fly... enjoy the journey.