PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skytrans hiring again.
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2012, 05:40
AnyGivenSunday99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surely this must be a wind up...... no? deep breath...

"what is the standard expected by some regionals these days" - what a stupid thing to say. The simple answer is this - The best they can get their hands on. They owe it to the travelling public to make sure they are doing the best they can to make sure the pilots under their employ are safe, hard working and level headed, proficient and well drilled, to make sure they do not end up driving a multi million dollar machine into a big smoking hole in the ground.

FFS - look at what is happening in the USA, where the standards are slipping due to experiance levels dwindling. Many people are realising that the money is not going to be made being a pilot, and they are seeking alternate means of employment. It sure aint what it used to be son!

Having said that, I for one am not into this for the huge paypackets people think are up for grabs. I do it cause I love flying. I earn a modest wage, and I am happy burning kero and punching holes in the sky. I wouldn't do it for free, cause a mans gotta eat, but I just get on with the job.

I know a lot of guys from Skytrans. Most of them really enjoy their jobs, but like any company, there are also those with a gripe or two. That's nothing out of the ordinary - thats aviation. There is a lot to be said for them as a company. Good progression, rapidly expanding, good machines, you dont have to pay for your endorsement, and great people. Sure they pay a little less than Alliance, Qantaslink or REX, but they don't work anywhere near as hard (most of the time!)

Hold_Short, might I suggest that their standards were set, and you fell short of the mark. It sounds very similar to what I used to hear on the playground when I was a kid "you dont want me to play? Fine, Well your game's poo and I never wanted to play anyway..." Grow up son. In my interview group at another airline, they interviewed lots of people. Lots of guys with much more exeriance than me got the job - and I'm no genius. It all comes back to attitude in my opinion.

Rant Over.

To those going for a job at Skytrans - the best of luck to you. Do your best and impress. You'll have a ball. They'll look after you.