PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Take off with snow on wing
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2012, 15:42
DOVES

DOVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr AirRabbit
I am sorry that you have interpreted as a blatant insult the adjective “pathetic”.
The semiotic origin of the word is:
Pathos; plural: patha or pathea; Greek: πάθος, for "suffering" or "experience;" adjectival form: 'pathetic' from παθητικός) represents an appeal to the audience's emotions. Pathos is a communication technique used most often in rhetoric (where it is considered one of the three modes of persuasion, alongside ethos and logos).
Is there anything hurting someone’s feelings? On the contrary!
It has already been noticed that I'm not very familiar with the English language, that’s why I didn’t struggle to choose the most appropriate word to express the feelings given to me by your stubbornness in defending the actions of the pilots of Air Florida Flight 90, of January 13, 1982.
I do not know what’s the reason why you do so.
I can tell you that my ethical and logical motivation is that I am sick and tired of hearing and reading about plane crashes (which, thanks to God I am avoiding since more than 45 years) due to "Pilot error". And if I cannot save the world, all I need to know is that I gave someone a bit of my experience thus making him spare his aircraft and a number of lives.
I cannot be in an ailiner’s cockpit anymore to deice when needed, but I swear that I will claim, as a SLF, the airplane to be de-icede/anti-iced if I find myself in a situation like:
http://www.pprune.org/7127125-post1.html
And like Plutarch used to write at the end of a treaty.
On this subject it’s enough.

Last edited by DOVES; 26th Apr 2012 at 19:32.