PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worldwide Flying Times
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2012, 13:48
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
I know it sounds like special pleading but, the rest of the company that do not travel have to understand that this is not a perk or a jolly. YES some folks turn it into that and the managers have to be alert to it. I recall some travellers hating holidays because their family wanted to go to Disneyworld (say) and they knew they were going to have to go in Y.

One of the keys to keeping envy out is the thorny subject of Frequent Flyer Miles. If the staff that don't travel think or know that the travelers get FFMs that allow them to treat their family on holiday?

So here are two things to consider:
  • Negoiate prices down as no FFMs are given
  • Ensure that all FFMs go into a charity pot that goes to providing holidays for seriously or terminally ill children
This will be decided to some degree on how much your company travels and whether you are in a position to negotiate bulk deals. That said, if you stick to a carrier group (One World, Star, etc.) then you will probably find them very happy to do a deal in this day and age. So look to see which group covers your area of operations.

FFMs can ruin your policy! Also check to see this with hotel chains and car hire - ALL of them have incentive programmes. When I was working self-employed in IT and could book my own travel (to a cost limit agreed with the client) then FFMs on hotels and air were a real benefit to pay me for sitting down the back.

Oh yes and don't forget that credit and charge cards have FFM schemes too! If your employee uses their personal card and get reimbursed? Again, I was lucky and scored thousands this way - but I was self-employed and would rather have had sick pay and pension then FFMs.