PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zero Tolerance On '89. Period.
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2002, 04:11
Woomera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zero Tolerance On '89. Period.

It is now coming up to 12 years since that year.

The major players with perhaps the odd exception are now either dead, out of business or have moved on.

You will all have your own ideas about who the above may be from your own perspective and the consequences for each and everyone from either side are now well and truly known.

The demise of Ansett and the search for reemployment is now well and truly a matter of fact.

The consequences and effects on all the participants from that event are now known.

There is little now that any of us can say or do to change the result or the minds of the participants from either side.

Each knows who the other is and they can deal with that at a personal level.

Whether it is deserved or not will be written by the historians and what they say will as is usual be debated.

PPRuNe and the Internet have demonstrated that there is now a level playing field as far as information exchange is concerned.

Everyone’s behaviour is now transparent and requires a higher level of conduct than was previously necessary, it is much harder for puffery and obfuscation to survive.

This does not mean that civility and common decency should not also prevail.

I was hoping that I would not have to take this action, however;

Until Further Notice any reference to ’89 by anyone, in other than strict historical terms or from either side aimed at the other or even by oblique reference will be deleted and if the poster continues that behaviour, he will be warned. The penalty for continual transgression will result in total banning.

I am a little tired of my inbox being full of the tit for tat, even when it may be justified.

There are too many other very important current aviation issues that need our professional attention to allow this Forum to be so further diverted.

I will not be taking prisoners.

Any one got any problems with that???