PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop moaning and P2F or get out
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2012, 17:34
Dan the weegie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually bud, what you know of the industry at the moment is exactly nothing.

You don't have RHS, which means you don't even begin to know the first thing about the job, a friend of mine would tell you quite comfortably that at the moment you're less than useless because you're not even through basic training, when you get your rating you'll be effing useless and after a couple of hundred hours you'll get upgraded to being just plain useless. When you reach "satisfactory" you'll be close to being ready for LHS.

You need to have a bit of humility, it will help you in that tiny cockpit you'll be flying because when Daddy/Uncle isn't there to look after you there is only you and the Captain, trust me that's the hardest part of the job .

So many guys that have little experience say they see the big picture but really they know the square root of FA. Start understanding that's where you are and you'll be well set at the start of your career.

I stand by what I say, you have a job for as long as you're flying and being paid, just because it's family doesn't mean it's secure, only that you're not going to be pushed out by someone Peeing to Eff