PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop moaning and P2F or get out
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2012, 13:06
s4ex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Learjet,
Although I understand your criticism against those moaning about their failures in some way, but still I think they require some sympathy, as P2F is one of the reasons they actually failed. There's nothing wrong with people telling their life experience, which actually you can use for your own benefit - not making their mistakes.

Neither do I agree with the fact, that flying is for rich. It's not if you plan everything correctly, and P2F is not something you inevitably have to do to succeed.

I also do agree with City Flyer about the maturity. You can buy experience with P2F, but you can't buy maturity. Because its not only about experience in the cockpit, but also about experience in life. Seriously, I would rather trust a pilot in late fourties who got his place in the cockpit through long and hard work, searching for opportunities and making small steps to his career, rather than a young guy in his twenties, who got experience through P2F. No offense to anyone. I hope that experienced guys will back me up here, that sometimes when it comes to important decisions, its not only about knowing the handbook, but also about knowing life. So - the more responsible job is, the more mature you have to be to do it.