PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spitfires found in Burma
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2012, 11:11
Agaricus bisporus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My God! Now we discover there are fleets of B17s buried in the USA, and I'll wager no one knew that little gem until now!

They must have had a vast surplus of time and buldozers to achieve that monumental feat. I wonder why they didn't just leave them lying about in rows for years and steadily chop them up and melt them down for scrap like they did with all the rest. Perhaps they were on a job creation scheme or just training to dig the biggest secret hole in the world.

I think I'm going to start a rumour abour the battleships buried on Salisbury Plain because it was "easier" than turning them into razor blades. Then there are the aircraft carriers buried in Yorkshire, two dozen new Mosquitos in a disused coal mine in Wales, fifty new Merlins in a locked hangar at Heathrow (the big black one they haven't opened for 70 years) and a whole division of surplus WRENS under the parade ground at Chatham docks...They were buried in their service issue girdles and smothered thickly with make-up so should be perfectly preserved. Fnarrr!

There's a soup-dragon living in a tree in Hyde Park too. I know that's true because I heard someone say they'd smelled celery there. I can't reveal where it got it's engines though. Yet.

And as you can probably tell, AB's not the only one who's been on the mushrooms!

Last edited by Agaricus bisporus; 23rd Apr 2012 at 11:24.