PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyDubai
Thread: FlyDubai
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2012, 11:40
rookieaviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Missed the fight :(

Working in Dubai from my past few months experience: (my company will remain nameless, unless someone mentions the name and request information)

1- all the stuff you hear about favoritism are true, and the term for it in this region is WASTA. it's simply the culture here.
2.Indians are all over this place which means:
a. no work ethics.
b.no work standards.
c.you'll most likely be abused by your management, cuz these ppl never stand for them selves, thus the management already have a habit of abusing employees.
e.the more work you do and dedication you show will result in more work and abuse, thus more chance of doing mistakes etc.
3.Piece of advice, if you are going for anyone but the major league players like EK, ET and QR (ADAT and Flydubai might be an exception since they are the 2 new raising stars)then don't freaken think of coming, unless u r a newbie like me and need your experience badly. Even then leave space for giving up cuz the things they expect to compromise here are just too much(didn't happen to me yet but apparently all the older staff suffered)
NOTE: if you stand up for yourself which is something you'll probably do if you have any shred of dignity. then they'll play the old WITCH card on you and in this case attitude