PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job with Norwegian on a Parc contract
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2012, 13:39
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I won't lower myself to your current level in this "discussion",I prefer to play the ball & not the man.
I would caution that the biggest weapon used by M O' Leary to destroy T's&C's in this industry was "divide & conquer".
You seem to be doing a good job on your own of promoting that ambience.

For the avoidance of misunderstanding, even though we are at this juncture using the same language (mine, I do appreciate, & on a Nordic Language Forum,for which I thank you) please try to understand the implications of the fact that I, like all my "Scab" compatriots , understood signed & agreed terms in a contract. Our "employer" (be it Rishworth or PARC) has not breached any terms of this contract. Perhaps (in fact, for sure) you have a better contract, however, it is the best on offer to us, & I am not responsible, nor seeking that ,you accept my conditions.
Under what excuse can you justify me participating in your industrial action.
If I did , I would be "released" & merely replaced by another. Does that actually help you in some way ?

If your Union had previously been a bit more pro-active, & able to maintain two way on-going dialogue, perhaps you wouldn't be in the mess YOU are in now.
If your attitude to me is a reflection of that adopted by your Union in previous negotiations, should I be surprised at the situation that has come to pass.

Perhaps your efforts ( & venom) should be directed towards a Union, that I guess you pay good money to, that doesn't seem to have protected your employment prospects (certainly for Senior FO's) & doesn't seem to have come up with a cohesive means of utilising the existing social laws, nor the operational power of the line trainers, to achieve it's stated aims (nor indeed feels it neccesary to inform us Non Scandi speakers what exactly they feel we are doing wrong by respecting our agreed contracts)
After your rant on the last post, it would be shorter & easier to tell you to go & screw yourself, however, although you forget it, I am also working (indirectly I know) for Norwegian, doing the same job, & with the same aspirations as you, so I shall afford you, & your opinion, the respect I would wish for myself.
Don't blame Contractors for gatecrashing the party, as the door was left wide open, & we were welcomed in. The fight started long before we came along, &, from what I have heard, has always existed between several internal factions, all with different contracts. We contractors are possibly better served by letting you sort it all out, however, I know I am also part of it, & think we also deserve a voice in all of this.

Last edited by captplaystation; 21st Apr 2012 at 16:05.