PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job with Norwegian on a Parc contract
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2012, 11:03
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
idiotsrus,

I don't ask you ,or anyone else, to respect my contract, what I suggest is that you don't expect I will NOT.
Assuming I phoned in & refused to fly on whatever day you are on strike, then what ?
I suggest Norwegian would advise my agency that my services were no longer required due to an unjustified absence. . . then what ?
In short order I would be replaced by someone else, what exactly does this achieve to further the cause of the permanent employees?
I have no dispute with my employer (the agency I remind you, NOT Norwegian) so on what grounds can I justify participating in any industrial action ?
What protection could I expect if I did ?
I imagine in Norway the industrial relation rules are fairly well defined/adhered to ,when industrial action is planned/executed.
I doubt if externally contracted labour would be included in those eligible to participate.
I remind you that very few of my colleagues have reached the stage of final line check. In most companies the line trainers are reasonably senior employees, could I reasonably assume that most line trainers are members of /protected by the Pilots Union. . . . .do you see where I am coming from?
No matter our personal sympathies , and speaking subjectively I do not see any fairness in a full-time FO being required to take a leave of absence & relinquish his permanent contract to achieve Command . . . . But, and it is a very big But, do you think it is reasonable to take offence at any of us Contractors who do not wish to throw ourselves on a sacrificial sword to help resolve a problem that, with good communication from both sides, should have been resolved quite some time ago.
I remind you, that this situation started, most recently anyhow,last year in HEL ,with the appalling contracts offered, be reasonable in the part you expect us to play in helping you to resolve something that your Union allowed to happen long before we were recruited.
I see it from your side, truly I do, I merely ask that you reciprocate by seeing it from mine.