PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement at 68
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2012, 06:31
raven11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oval said...

"Upgrade at Cathay Pathetic is purely being able to make it through the demeaning negative criticism without spoiling the ego of the wank*r trainer who doesn't remove his four bars while he's training a new captain because no one would recognize him as an authority figure if those four bars were not sitting on his shoulders."

Does lashing out at others make you feel more like a man?? Try debating with some measured words without the use of adolescent tone, or symbology.

Oval, I've been involved in the training departments of both military and civil aviation even before I joined Cathay. So I think I can make an objective assessment about the different training systems in aviation. Cathay's training system is not perfect, but it is one of the best I've ever been involved with....and I would put it up against any other system out there.

If you really do think that Cathay is "pathetic" and that training pilots are "wank*rs" with ego problems, then I'd say your comments say more about who you are than your intended targets. Remember this thread is supposed to be about going beyond normal retirement age....unless you learn to relax the issue will prove moot.

We all have to pass annual checks and upgrades...it's part of the job. Try showing a bit more class.

And then there's Primed.....

Well, in 40 years of flying you aren't the first one just out of diapers to spout off about how good a pilot you would make, and how quickly your skills will outshine mine.....and that without even having completed your first flying lesson yet (my, my, how our recruiting has changed).

I wish you luck and hope that in 40 years (if you last that long) you'll finally achieve your goal.

Last edited by raven11; 21st Apr 2012 at 20:11.