PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop moaning and P2F or get out
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2012, 04:25
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
And you're an Aussie??!!

I can (almost) forgive the European wannabes for attitudes like that, because there's zero GA, a bare handful of turboprop and FI jobs remaining, there are dozens of B737/A320 operators to apply to, and the only people hiring are predatory lo-co's anyway. It's far from an ideal situation (in terms of safety as well as T&C's) but it is the situation those guys face.

Coming from someone like an Aussie or American, in a country where there's heaps of real entry level jobs out there for those who are prepared to get off their ass and go find them, your attitude makes me bloody sick.

In addition to which it's a very small industry down under, you've only really got a couple of airlines to apply to even if you did have a TR and some paid time on type. Screw up that one interview and you really are screwed forever, because you have a mark on your back and no turboprop or GA operator will touch you if you're 700 TT / 500 P2F on jets. Very very risky strategy indeed

I really hope I get to be a chief pilot one day, so I can give your P2F ass an interview, and then crush you like the stupid, arrogant, naive, industry destroying little wannabe that you are, and then kick you out of my office in tears while I am handing out the jobs to people who manned up, got off their ass, went bush and learned to fly properly for a few years.

Clown.