PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Converting to South African CPL
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2012, 04:53
lilflyboy262...2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually Dude1, he was based in Francistown, Botswana, for a while flying a Baron by the rego A2-CVS.
He claims to know a lot about what is going on in Maun, when in reality he only has the general gist.

CVS, your facts are a little skewed there buddy, and if you reread what you wrote in your first post aimed at Dude1, you can see how you may have incited a less than favourable response. You do often have a holier than thou attitude towards a lot of things.

To date, there have only been a few rejections of visa's. The ones that happened last year were actually overturned and one of the guys is now flying with the company. The other left to fly for another company overseas.
I haven't heard of any of this years being rejected, but since I have left Maun, my info is a little old by the time it gets to me.
I do know that there is a bunch of people hanging around at the moment while they are waiting for waivers and permits. BUT they are still being issued, albeit slowly.
The lastest visa rejections, (Which may be actually be visas being revoked, as I thought they were on visas, not waivers) were from two expats working in office positions.

As for the Aussie, unless he is following one of those fantastic cape town girls, he would be better off sticking to Aussie, or as mentioned, head to bots and nam.
Getting the licence can be tricky and take time in SA. Getting a work permit there is even harder.
They have that lovely cycle of they will not hire you unless you have a permit, and you cannot get a permit without having an offer of work.
Lovely huh?