PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you cracking up?
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2012, 07:40
Cross_check

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even from the sideline

Aviation is not what it was 25 years ago. Events like Hijackings, bombings, assaults, verbal abuse etc is all happening now days.

On top of that the values that my parents instilled in me have failed me at times when someone has little or no respect for me. So I think today we are all a bit guilty.

I have been confronted with abuse, but tuff skinned I think I have to put up with this for an hour.. he is like that in his real life. At times you have to be tuffed skins however I feel that some people do burn out. And with all the ever changing industry changes at times flight attendants have a hard time keeping both wings in the air so to speak when they see a full cabin with a mind racing trying to work out who is a terrorist, who has a bomb, will I make it home safe.... did I turn the iron off.. At this time of life I feel you need to be grounded.

As for the incidents on flight, it is not uncommon now days for alot of people to have mental illness. People 'look' normal and could be medicated to assist them. I have suffered the effects of mental illness with a flat mate and it is a challenge. Instead of us frowning about mental illness we need to work out what caused it. As for the effected staff talking about crashing or terrorists on board could be a great indicator that they are very concerned about these issues. None of us want to be in a crash, it always has to be in the mind but for some mental illness they can fixate on one issue and over process it. To the point that they are in a panic about a crash that is not happening or a terrorist is Mr Jones in 7C because he has a cane.. it can play tricks on the person resulting in outbursts.

Everyone is different and have different health issues.. I just hope we as an industry support staff who show these signs and assist in keeping their identity.. Sacking them and loosing their identity can make it a lot worse.

Lets help keep every ones wings in the air