PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Take off with snow on wing
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2012, 18:27
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aerobat77,

I don't really know why I bother, but . . . . . so, poor you, I confused your super advanced PA41 on your profile with a Seminole, which I see indeed from Wikipedia is in fact a PA44. Well,I have about as much need to remember the exact names of aircraft I never flew, as you have to remember the difference, on intermediate approach, if a little hot/high, between a B738 equipped with the short-field kit, & a common or garden variety.
Strangely enough around 80% of the fleet I will fly, when my company conversion training is complete, do indeed have wifi, but it is not permitted to use it in the cockpit. Indeed I have been sitting home a bit recently, so what ?
I really don't give a toss whether you believe/disbelieve anything about me or not.
The fact remains however, that you came on here & talked absolute bollox about the relevance/ neccesity to de-ice public transport swept wing jets, & I could not let such ignorance & misinformation pass unremarked.
Peeing my pants would only be happening if I was in the back of something commanded by someone with your level of knowledge of de-icing sitting up front. . . . & erected ? did you really type that ?
Your wikipedia definition of FUBAR is a little wide of the mark BTW, ask anyone of a certain age/with some aircrew experience, they will explain it nicely to you.
In short, don't come on here & pontificate on that which you patently know nothing of relevance. And don't really expect us all to wet our pants (for any reason ) at a cockpit shot taken from a Cheyenne.

Sad