PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement at 68
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2012, 21:47
Tornado Ali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iron,

So all those B scalers who have signed COS 08 should just throw their hands up and retire at the original 55 years of age also...? Or just the A scalers...? I suppose the new joiners who have joined without housing should then not accept housing if the company offers it in the future...? The fact is everyone will take an improvement if it's offered. Additionally, to suggest that 'some' pilots should not take an extension in working years, yet other 'should' be able to take advantage of it is basically you playing 'god' (no pun intended in your case!) with the determination of such categories. Who decides who should and who shouldn't. The fact is that people in all age and seniority groups have taken advantage of the extension to age 65. The fact is that an individual has a right to work until whatever age they can no longer do the job. You (or I) do not have the right to determine someone else's working longevity. The matte is settled at this point....there is no going back. In fact, I suspect that quite soon it will be illegal to force someone to stop working based on age. Cat 1 Medical will be the determining factor. As an aside to your argument. If you had joined an airline back in the US/Canada/Europe, you would be facing exactly the same issue. They have all incorporated the age 65 rule. But I suppose it's only CX pilots who should supposedly show some altruism and deny themselves the additional economic security of the extra decade of work.