PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Take off with snow on wing
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2012, 13:00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9G - if you by any chance refer to my post regarding "nation labelling and stuff " then i would like to emphesise as in my post again :
IT IS NOT about nationality/race - but about the COVER UP and "unsuccesfull "damage control on AFL part ... it's about the mind set SYSTEM of the many from the former Eastern block where second questioning of the higher authorities and pointing out the wrongs was not generally acceptable and definitely not promoted. The same mindset unfortunately remained unchanged despite the known "political" changes at the end of 90's amongst the great general population. That is the "menthality" I was talking about - and as i said earlier - it's still present in all fields and aspects of life(although things are slowly progressing in positive direction - if the few guys who posted here and condemned the action of their colleague are really AFL pilots I salute them).
To clarify things on my part - I come from (and have spent 40+ years here) one of the countries from the former eastern block(not Russia or any of the former SU states though) therefore i'm "Slavic" according to such classification - so my comments of the subject are based on my personal experiance and observations of everyday life .
The fact is - I personally would take for example German efficiency/safety/strictness over so called "Slavic" or "Mediteranean " any day! And again - I am so called "Slavic" .

But in this "politically correct" times when naming things with their true names is a big NO-NO, IMO just helps the fact that matters and standards in certain regions of the globe don't get sorted out as quickly as they should and could.( e.g. language proficiency, adherence to the standards etc..etc..) .
And to stay on the subject - whether to de-ice or not ..just opened the second bigger question to which I was reffering - whether to publicise such events or not ( as was the similar case back in Boston with IBE) - and to the 2nd one I say hell YES .
I don't mind and dare to question the authority of the Captains on their airplanes - but I do want to, as a paying soul, have the freedom of choice (and all the information possible regarding their standards of operation) not to board their airplanes in the first place .