PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement at 68
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2012, 12:01
Flyin Low

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sad bunch...
I get it... Old guys need to feel like they're king or whatever.. God only knows! New guys not so much.
I know not directed at me...
a) voluntarily agreed to join on inferior conditions
b) haven't done anything to attempt to improve conditions
c) most likely don't belong to the AOA (but will take any benefits they negotiate)

But answers from my side..
No (well B scale but A scale was years previous)
I like to think I've done my bit.. Support the union, sign what I'm asked to and write in when required.. I'm up for whatever is out forward to improve our conditions.
Yep strong AOA supporter... What else I got? Tennis with RH gonna help me?

And an aside.... Personally I signed and have maintained a contract that has me retiring at age 55 whilst I don't really blame anyone that works longer, I do pity them! Get a life! Have a go at me for saying this... I'm dumbfounded by the amount of guys I fly with that have 'a nice big house' they don't own or at least partly own c/o Cathay (and moan they cant afford to stop working!) whilst in the mean time I like many others that don't care about the status, have bought property that Cathay is paying for and plan to leave as per my marridge certificate and Cathay Pacific's COS, one in death do us part... The other till I'm 55!!. I am saving for my retirement and hoping like hell I leave with the same wife while I can still attend my children's school camps, balls, sports days, uni graduation and 21st without some idiots telling me that no sorry cannot your the only one on reserve, o day, g day, leave, long service leave, maternity leave, or wankers cramp so you gotta do it!