PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lottery 'Commies' say NO to Vulcan
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2002, 22:40
Grob Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damien,

That’s a very comprehensive reply there… thanks!

However, I still have to disagree with a few (quite a few!) of the points you’ve made.

1) I don’t agree that people would rather see her go overseas to fly than ‘sit around doing nothing’ – She doesn’t need to sit around doing nothing… She’s a working example and can therefore be displayed as such. Oh she’s costing Mr Walton a lot of money. Well, I’m sure he knew what he was letting himself in for when he decided to buy here.

2) Why has the owner (Mr Walton) bankrolled so much of the project out of his own pocket…? Oh Damien, that ones a really easy question… IT’S HIS BLOODY AIRCRAFT!… THAT’S WHY!!!!! I need some new tyres on my car but I wouldn’t expect you lot to pay for it!

3) You say only the one at Blackpool is in really poor condition. NO, NO, NO, you’re wrong. I’m sorry, but the majority of the ones outside are in a poor state of repair, and like I said, unless a lot of money is spent quickly, I think we’ll see the numbers reduce quite dramatically over the next 10 years.

4) Bit’s of 607 at Wado have been used on other Vulcan’s… I hope not 558! If so, I REALLY don’t want to see her take to the sky’s again! Despite what you might think… all these remaining Vulcan’s are in no where near the condition, you’d like to think they are in.

5) Asking Mr Walton questions. I have contacted TVOC (Dr Pleming in particular) with issues about the Vulcan, and suggestions on how they can raise money, NO ONE has ever got back to me. As for the ‘poor chap’ standing up every time a silly rumour is spouted o say if it’s true or not. No, I don’t want that. I would just like some information as to what the plans are. They keep asking for money, but no one knows what’s going to happen with their money. I think there will be a LOT of very unhappy people though if they’ve all donated £10 to let the Americans fly it.

Maybe next time you talk to the good Mr Walton, you can ask him to come on PPRuNe and answer our questions!