PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lottery 'Commies' say NO to Vulcan
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2002, 10:07
Grob Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint can hide a lot! When did you last look around 607? She leaks like crazy and while the paint tells one story, the rust tells another. This is repeated at most of the Vulcan’s I’ve seen over the years. My old man was Vulcan aircrew so there is a ‘family interest’. I think I’ve seen most of the UK survivors, if not all.

Like I said to Dr Plenning… You need a few million pounds for this project yet I very rarely see people collecting money at air shows. The various Vulcan charities all have a donation pot, but how about coming up with some agreement where major air show organisers give you £1 for each ticket, and in return, you offer their first Vulcan display at a '‘reduced rate'? It’s just a thought.

As for the TVOC press release…. Doesn’t really tell you much though does it. I’m not interested in vacancies, or badge designs. Where’s the nitty gritty info about 558, the condition she’s in and what the plans are? Is it literally a case on no money from the lottery = sell her, or are there ‘contingency plans’? I’ll keep my eyes open on Ebay!

Last edited by Grob Driver; 19th Nov 2002 at 22:05.